What is blog commenting?
Blog commenting is the act of leaving a comment, a response, a question, etc. on a blog by a user, blogger and/or author and/or allowing comments on your own blog. Blog comments give users and authors an opportunity to share ideas, thoughts and opinions about a particular topic. It is used as a tool to drive traffic to a site/page.
Why is blog commenting important?
- It allows for knowledge, ideas and experiences to be shared
- It creates conversation between commentators and the author
- It can grow your network by building relationships between user(s) and user and author
Benefits of blog commenting:
- It makes your blog interactive
- It increases engagement and popularity
- A way to build/grow your network
- Helps drive and attract traffic to your blog
- Increases your Search Engine Optimization
Tips for blog commenting:
- Commenting on other blogs creates a back link (link to your page), which helps drive traffic to your page
- When you comment on a blog, you leave a backlink - this helps drive traffic
- Comments should be relevant and in the context of the subject being discussed
- Build a relationship with your audience by interacting with them through your own blog comments
- Blog commenting on other blogs helps build relationships with other bloggers
- Stay in your niche: (1) comment on blogs that are related to your service/business, (2) write blogs that are relevant to your service/business - this will help drive the right traffic to your brand
- Make a list of pages/blogs that are in your niche to stay up-to-date with new content