Social media plays a key role in building a business and brand
It is required to:
1. Reach your customers
2. Gain insights
3. Grow your brand
4. Connect and Engage with Customers
What are the benefits of social media for brand building?
1. Increase Brand Awareness
Use social media platforms to widen and increase your brand awareness.
- Reach new and targeted potential customers through social media platforms.
- People use social media to connect with the brands they love and to discover new products/brands.
For more ways to build your brand awareness visit: How to Increase Brand Awareness with Facebook Ads
2. Humanize your Brand
- Connect/engage with your customers and potential customers.
- Use social media platforms to show the human side of your brand - creating real human connection is key and helps with user brand engagement.
- Show how your customers are using and benefiting from your products
- How are you embracing your brand values? (Do you even have brand values?)
- How are you looking out for the best interests of both your customers and employees?
- Does your product really work?
You may also consider A social media advocacy program
3. Establish your Brand as a Thought Leader
- Use your social media platforms to establish your brand as a thought leader.
- Customers will use your platform for information related to your businesses' niche.
- Thought leadership helps build customers trust.
You can use the Linkedin Publishing Platform to establish yourself as a thought leader.
4. Stay Top of Mind
- Be interactive: connect with your followers.
- Make your social posts entertaining and informative.
- Be consistent: this will make sure your brand is top of mind when ready to make a purchase.
What are the benefits of social media growth?
1. Increase in Website Traffic
- Social media posts and ads help drive more traffic to your website.
- Keep customers up-to-date: use your platform to share and promote content from your blog or website.
- Engage with your followers and add value - example: social chats.
- Benefits: increase visibility, gain attention from new people, opportunity to show your expertise and increase site traffic.
- Include your website address on all your social media platforms for easy access.
2. Generate Leads
- Most social media platforms offer ad formats for businesses looking to generate leads.
- The costs of these lead ads are much lower than ads leading to your website.
- example of lead ad: Renault UK used Facebook lead ads to allow users to book a test drive directly in Facebook.
For more information on Ad Leads visit How to Use Facebook Lead Ads to Grow your Business
3. Boost Sales
- Use social media platforms to help sell your product/service .
- Align your social marketing with your sales goals.
- Use social sale tools that are available.
Some use social selling as a tool: building relationships with customers as a part of the sales process
For information on Social Selling
4. Partner with Influencers
- Word of mouth plays a large role in purchasing decisions.
- Builds brand awareness/familiarity, credibility and helps bring in sales.
- Partnering with influencers can help drive social word of mouth - drawing the attention of their followers to your brand.
Benefits of social media for content creation and distribution
1. Promote Content
- Use your social platforms to promote your content
- Helps prove your expertise and grow your customer base
2. Go Viral
3. Source Content
Two ways to source content on social media
- (1) Source ideas
- Use your followers to get ideas for content creation - ask your followers what they want or participate in social listening.
- (2) Source materials for posts
- Use a contest or hashtag to source user-generated content (UGC) that you can share on your platform over time.
Benefits of social media for communication
1. Reputation Management
- Manage your brand's reputation on social media - other people's perception of your brand, both the positives and the negatives.
- Share the positive responses and address the negative responses before they become larger issues.
2. Crisis Communication
- Use your platform for crisis communication - a way to respond quickly to your customers.
- Staying silent when a situation arises can have major consequences.
- Have a plan in place for dealing with a crisis - Be ready to respond and engage.
3. Customer and Audience Engagement
- Take advantage of the opportunity to interact with your followers and for them to interact with you.
- Be engaged and active on your socials - respond to comments and answer questions.
4. Customer Service and Customer Support
- Be available on social media to support your customers and answer any questions.
Benefits of social media for gaining insights
1. Monitor Conversations that are Relevant to your Brand
- Use social media to monitor discussions surrounding your brand, your competitors and your niche.
2. Learn More About your Customers
- Use the customer data generated by social media platforms to make business decisions and strategize.
For more info on how to use analytics on:
3. Gauge Sentiment Around Your Brand
- Know how your brand is being perceived by others online - both positive and negative perceptions in social media posts and/or engagement.
- How does your brand make them feel?
- Be sure to address the negative sentiments (if any).
4. Keep an Eye on the Competition
- Know what people are saying about your competitors.
- Identify your competitors pain points with their products and address them.
- Staying up-to-date with your competitors - know when they launch new products, run promotions and release data reports.
5. Stay on Top of Industry News
- Practice social listening to always stay informed.
- Know about upcoming changes to your industry and how they may affect you.
Benefits of social media for advertising
1. Targeted Advertising
- Social advertisements offer a variety of targeting options that allow you to reach a specific audience.
- The ability to specify demographic info, geography, language and online behaviour - reach the exact customers you want.
- Tools like Facebook Pixel can help you track customers behaviour on your site.
- You can use this tool to determine which customers to retarget.
- For example: If a customer abandons their cart you can retarget them and show ads for the products they placed in their cart, but didn't check out.
Benefits of social media for proving ROI
- UTM Parameters can be used to determine which social networks provide the best results.
- Google Analytics and Hootsuite Impact can also help track the impact of your social media activities.
- Track - ROI from organic and paid social media campaigns, follows, conversions, email sign-ups and much more by using the social media tracking and analytics tools available.