How to find free images with Google's advanced image search
Use these steps to find free images using Google's advanced image search.
On a computer:
- On your computer, go images.google.com
- Search for an image.
- Under the search box, click Tools.
- To narrow results to images with available license info, click Usage rights > chose a type of license (more about types of usage rights below).
- Click the image you want
- To find info on how to license and use the image, below the image in the right panel, click License details.
Types of usage rights:
For each "usage rights" filter, you can limit results to images that have license details attached, which include how you can license and use an image.
Creative commons licenses: These images are usually free to use, but require credit. They may also have limitations on how, or in what context, you can use them. For example: an image's license might state that you can't modify it or use it for commercial purposes.
Commercial or other licenses: These images have non-creative commons licenses and can be from either free sites or commercial sites that require payment.
To find license details:
- Select the image
- Below the image > select license details
Google recommends that you always review the licensing requirements of any images you want to use.
For more information and how to find image on mobile/tablet visit: Find images you can use and share