Benefits of a Podcast:
- Improves your SEO
- Boosts brand visibility
- Increases sales
- Establishes a good reputation
- Outlet to share information, your expertise, special offers and new arrivals
Main Benefits of Podcasting
- When you're a guest on someone else's podcast: the host usually includes show notes with links to your website - these act as effective backlinks.
- Podcasts are easily optimized. - Use keywords in your meta titles and descriptions.
- Podcasts are cost effective - They are one of the cheapest marketing methods.
- Podcasts have no expiration date - Listeners are able to go back and listen to old episodes.
How to improve your SEO with Podcasts:
1. Use keywords in podcast titles
- Include necessary keywords in the title and subtitle of your podcast
- Use 1-2 long tail keywords and a few short tail keywords in the title
- Long-tail keywords are keywords or keyphrases that are more specific – and usually longer – than more commonly used keywords. Long-tail keywords get less search traffic, but will usually have a higher conversion value, as they are more specific.
- Short-tail keywords are more general search queries, consisting of one or two words. Their length makes them less specific than searches with more words.
- Individual short-tail keywords are searched more often than individual long tail keywords, but highly specific phrases make up the vast majority of search volume.
- "Egg" (1 word) is an example of a short-tail keyword, whereas "Make scrambled eggs fluffy" (4 words) is a long-tail keyword.
2. Use supporting content
- Include links to your website and/or blog in the show notes of your podcast.
- Show notes and transcripts also increase the search engine rankings of your podcast.
- Keyword Density (percentage that represents how frequently the target word appears relative to the number of words on the page).
- Recommendations: Google: 1-2% and Yahoo: Up to 3% - try different approaches to determine which option is best for you.
3. Use authoritative websites
- Search engines love content with many inbound links. This especially applies to links that come from high-ranking websites.
- List reputable websites that featured your episode on your website and add a podcast description.
4: RSS Feed
A podcast RSS feed contains information about your show and its episodes.
- Optimize your RSS Feed
- Your RSS feed contains important information for iTunes, Play Music and Google Play.
- If you are using Word Press - you can use the PowerPress to optimize your feed.