What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile Marketing is a multi-channel marketing technique aimed to get you as close to your customers as possible by targeting them on their smartphones.
This can be achieved by:
- Sending text messages to advertise products.
- Providing a mobile site and/or app.
Why is mobile marketing important?
- Almost everybody has a mobile phone.
- More people on the mobile web compared to computers.
- Attachment: People are constantly on their phone.
- Efficient way to send a message to your audience.
- Helps put your company/service in front of people who surf the web using their phone.
- Mobile marketing help businesses succeed faster by advertising their products on mobile devices.
How to create a cross-channel mobile marketing strategy?
- Get your customers to check out your other projects - your mobile website, mobile pages, mobile apps, etc.
- This allows you to collect money, views, information, and also allows you learn more about your customers.
Mobile Marketing options:
- Responsive Design
- This ensures your mobile site is presentable and functional on all devices.
- For example: a responsive design will ensure that an image sizes down to the appropriate size depending on the screen size of the device.
- A text message campaign.
- The campaign: send texts to your customers to remind them about your products, your events, and give them special offers.
- Allow for the option to opt-out of the campaign.
- Mobile Apps
- Requires its own dedicated team to implement.
- Determine what will be included in the app.
- They increase your earnings and make your customer interactions easier.
How to test, measure and optimize your mobile marketing
Ask yourself: What did your company wish to achieve when you started mobile marketing? Was it more sales? Was it more customers?
Once you determine your objective:
- Collect data from your mobile marketing.
- Determine where/which parts you failed to reach your goal. What made you fail?
- Once you determine the cause of failure - change it and remeasure your results to determine if it truly was the cause of failure.
- Once you determine the cause, optimize it to continue to improve your mobile marketing strategies.
Types of Mobile Marketing Strategies:
- SMS/MMS Marketing
- Mobile Internet Marketing
- Bluetooth Mobile Marketing - send messages to all devices with Bluetooth enabled within your area.
Advanced Mobile Marketing Strategies:
- Making content available on PCs downloadable to mobile devices.
- Allow videos to be played on mobile devices.