Recorded version of the webinar on SEO from February 1, 2021:
If you have any questions on SEO, please click here to connect with the team from Local SEO Search.
Key Learnings from Webinar
What is SEO and what can it do for you?
Video Start Time: 5:05
- People use keywords to help them find products/services. Optimizing your SEO helps ensure that your business appears high in the search engine results.
- SEO provides the best ROI (return on investment) compared to other marketing forms.
Periodic Table of SEO
Video Start Time: 6:35
- There are over 200 + SEO signals that are used to determine a page's rank. The periodic table provides the top SEO indicators that matter the most when it comes to search engine ranking.
- For small businesses some of the most important factors include: content, architecture, html, trust, links, and user experience
- Making adjustments to a few of these pillars can help improve your online presence and provide an instant return.
5 Things you can do to improve you SEO - Video Start Time: 10:16
- Have a good website - Video Start Time: 10:23
- Create a website that is responsive, quick, secure, and easy to navigate.
- Video Start Time: 11:15 - Pros and Cons of Wix/Squarespace: They are easy-to-use, but have limited SEO opportunities.
- Prioritize Mobile and Speed - Video Start Time: 13:35
- Provide information to your users quickly
- Make sure visuals, videos, images are compressed and don't impact page speed.
- Prioritize privacy and make sure your website is secure. Purchase an SSL (secured socket layer) certificate. This is necessary for all websites - it is an encryption that provides users with comfort knowing that the website is secured and won't get hacked.
- Google Search Console and Google Analytics - Video Start Time: 14:56
- Make sure your website is registered in Google search console and set up Google Analytics to be able to monitor key data points.
- Google Search Console is free - it analyzes your site for errors and tells you which pages are being indexed. For example: when you upload new content onto your page you can use search console to ensure your site is being indexed.
- Create good content - Video Start Time: 17:32
- Create content that is fresh, engaging, and of relevance
- Position yourself as a thought leader and authoritative expert in your field
- Use different forms of content - written, audio, video, and images
- Create robust content (i.e blog with audio format). This makes your content more engaging and increases the likelihood of readers taking action
- Understand your customers and know who you ideal customer is (their profile)
- Talk to your customers and get to know them - this will help you determine which topics you should create topics around
- Use long tailed keywords that are high quality and well-researched
- Video Start Time: 19:32 - E.A.T:
- Expertise - How knowledgeable is the site owner on the subject?
- Authoritativeness - How credible is the site publishing the content?
- Trustworthiness - How trustworthy is the site publishing this?
- Claim your Google my business (map on Google)
- Brick and Mortar storefronts
- Verify it, claim it, and optimize it
- Add images, videos and answer questions
- Reviews - Video Start Time: 24:06 - Get your customers to submit reviews for your business on Google my business and other third party platforms (i.e Facebook)
- Check your html (How your search results appear) - Video Start Time: 25:37-
- (1) make your title tags unique
- (2) restructure your url to make it more engaging and implement keywords
- (3) Use your meta description - embed some of the keywords you want to optimize
Free SEO Tools (On-Page SEO)
Video Start Time: 27:40
Video Start Time: 28:34
- Get other people to talk about you online and get site exposure through links
- Establish yourself as a thought leader in your field and get recognition from others through links (others referencing you as a go to player in your field)
- Getting links is a form of relationship building
How long does it take to see results after implementing SEO factors
Video Start Time: 36:32
- Depends on many factors: your business, your vertical and your competitors
- Examine which factors are going to move the needle the most and implement those
- Use a/b testing to see what factors/strategies work best for you