We typically like to introduce Microsoft Ads once our Google Ads campaigns are starting to operate efficiently. This is because Microsoft makes it very simple to transfer campaigns from Google Ads.
- From the global menu at the top of the page, select Import and then select Import from Google Ads.
- Select Sign in to Google and follow the prompts to give Microsoft Advertising permission to import campaigns from your Google Ads account.
- Under Choose accounts, select the account that you want to import from Google Ads and then select Next.
- Select Customize your import if you want to choose which items are imported, adjust bids, bid strategies, and budgets, associate UET tags, and more.
Some things to note:
- If you have manual UTMs on your Google Ads, be sure to customize your import by having Microsoft replace any mention of "google" with "bing" - this should only affect your utm_source unless you are mentioning Google in your ads for a particular reason.
- Microsoft can be finicky with Smart/Dynamic campaign types. We suggest selecting the option to convert all campaigns & ads to normal text ads.